an artificial intelligence (Ai) employment engine, that instantly analyzes job and physician candidate data in order to match doctors to ideal jobs.
MatchBot ™ Activity
180,757 New Opportunities Added
45,416 Current Physician Matches
1,157,393 Total Physician Matches
Permanent Nephrology Jobs in Mobile, Alabama
- Position Type: Permanent
- Recruited Specialty: Nephrology
- Does the Physician Need To Be Trained In Specialty Being Recruited: Yes
- Structure of Position: Single-Specialty Group, Employed by Hospital/Clinic/MSO/Other
- Partnership Opportunity: Unknown
- Expected Patient Call Coverage: No call
- Expected ER Call Coverage: No call
Practice is seeking a full-time nephrologist to join the team due to rapid nationwide opportunities to treat members with CKD and ESRD. Treatment and oversight will occur primarily through both telehealth nationally and locally in person. This is 100% nephrology, with the ability to connect with CKD and ESRD patients needing urgent care and engagement with patients who are seeing a nephrologist for the first time. This is an opportunity to practice nephrology in a forward-looking, evidence-based environment with ample growth opportunity, alongside nephrologist committed to raising renal care outcomes nationwide.
Nephrologists are quality-driven physicians who apply their clinical expertise in a managed care, population health context. They serve patients across the country. They also engage in population health management in a sophisticated, outcomes-driven manner that promotes palliative care where clinically appropriate and focuses on patient education, autonomy, and quality of life.
Nephrologists share a passion for raising quality outcomes for health plan members suffering from kidney disease. They practice in a way that promotes patient engagement long before ESRD, resulting in delayed disease progression. In the case of kidney failure, the focus is informed patient choice, permanent vascular access and planned dialysis starts where clinically appropriate, and close medical management of non-dialysis patients where dialysis is not the clinically appropriate choice. This job is ideal for nephrologists who are forward-looking and embrace the trends toward telehealth and value-based care that rewards outcomes, rather than utilization.
Nephrologists have experience in geriatrics and end-of-life issues, advocating for conservative care where appropriate and where evidence-based criteria show that dialysis will not by comparison necessarily extend duration of life or increase quality of life. They treat patients and follow health plan members with kidney disease and related co-morbidities.
Nephrologists may work REMOTLEY from home, unless needed to see patients in person locally. As part of working at a national practice, they will be licensed in multiple states after joining the company. Nephrologists work on an employed basis, full time, five days per week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Treat and diagnose patients with CKD and ESRD
- Apply evidence-based criteria in determining the appropriateness and necessity of care; in particular, in determining whether dialytic or non dialytic care is the correct evidence-based pathway
- Reduce unnecessary or preventable episodes of care, including hospital readmissions
- Identify and make practical, pointed interventions to improve member care
- Review Annual Wellness Visit assessments to ensure proper coding and provision of medical diagnoses across multiple comorbid conditions
- Assist in the training of NPs and other providers to provide high quality care
- Conduct meaningful end-of-life and treatment options discussions with patients
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years nephrology practice experience
- Desire to practice in a forward-looking renal care environment focused on population health management
- Demonstrated experience applying evidence-based clinical criteria
- Experience in renal care, geriatrics and/or emergency medicine
- Comfort and skill in end-of-life discussions and advance care planning
- Experience with high-need Medicare Advantage and managed Medicaid populations, as well as commercial populations
- Experience integrating acute and behavioral health care and appreciation of social determinants of health and the value of social workers
- Expertise in managing medication panels for complex patients
- Required Licensure
- Current state medical license without restrictions to practice and free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare. Willingness to become licensed in multiple states as company and patient needs require.
- Required Education
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Board Certified in Nephrology
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative care management company that is transforming the delivery of kidney care
- Competitive salary and opportunity to participate in company’s bonus program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible paid leave & vacation policy
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- Structure of Financial Support: Employment Agreement with production bonus
- Financial Offering: National Average
- Relocation Allowance: Negotiable
- Signing Bonus: Negotiable
- Stipends: Negotiable
- Student Loan Assistance: Negotiable
- Practice State: Alabama
- Practice City: Mobile
- Community Size: Less than 10,000, 10,000 - 24,999, 25,000 - 49,999, 50,000 - 99,999, 100,000 - 499,999, 500,000+
- Community Details: Registered Candidates Only
- Location of Medical Training: American Medical Graduate (AMG), Foreign Medical Graduate (FMG)
- Medical Training Type: Allopathic (MD), Osteopathic (DO)
- Board Certification: Board Certified, Board Eligible
- Work Status Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card
- Preferred Experience Level: Currently In Training, Recently Trained, Experienced, Very Experienced
- Accept Local Physicians within 25 mile Radius: No
- Facility Type: Managed Services Organization
- Number of Providers:
- Number of Employees:
- Agency: The Clover Group
Why Are Physicians So Excited About Jobs From ExactMD.com?