Permanent Pulmonary Medicine: General & Critical Care Jobs in Shreveport, Louisiana
- Position Type: Permanent
- Recruited Specialty: Pulmonary Medicine: General & Critical Care
- Does the Physician Need To Be Trained In Specialty Being Recruited: No
- Structure of Position: Contract
- Partnership Opportunity: Unknown
- Expected Patient Call Coverage: 1:6 or better
- Expected ER Call Coverage: 1:6 or better
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not
· Shall perform Pulmonary services, to include providing Intensive Care/Critical Care services and inpatient/outpatient services for the Department of Veteran Affairs at the Shreveport location.
· Shall perform procedures such as: thoracentesis, central line placement, arterial line placements, bronchoscopies, bedside bronchoscopies, intubation procedures, patient rounding, bedside echo, PFT interpretations. Additional skill sets such as sleep study interpretations and EBUS procedures will be supported.
· Shall provide inpatient consultation. Pulmonologist(s) shall be available for consultative care 24/7 for all inpatient care. The pulmonologist physician shall be reachable by pager or other telecommunication device(s), at the request of a referring physician, to discuss a patient’s case to ensure the patient is seen in a timely fashion and to expedite any required care.
· Shall provide on-call services. Schedule of this TBD.
· Shall provide review of consults and triaging daily.
· Medications: Physician(s) shall follow all established medication policies and procedures.
· Discharge education: Shall provide discharge education and follow-up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting for all emergency department patients.
· Shall provide post-procedure evaluation, follow-up and clinical consultation regarding complications of procedures.
· Clinical Notes and Encounters: ALL notes and encounters must be completed in a prompt and timely fashion relative to the occurrence of the encounter.
· Participate in mandatory VA training requirements, including Information Security, Privacy Training, and CPRS (computerized patient record system).
· Shall be responsible for signing in and out when in attendance. Time sheets will be used to confirm hours/day and services provided against the contractor’s invoices.
· Shall complete the appropriate QM/PI documentation pertaining to all procedures, complications, and outcome of examinations.
· That physician shall be available to perform peer reviews.
· Must hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from an accredited graduate school of medicine.
· Must have successfully completed an accredited residency and fellowship program.
· Must be board certified or board eligible in Pulmonology.
· Must have 3 years’ experience as a Pulmonologist.
· Must be in good standing, and under no restrictions, with the state licensure board in any state in which a license is held.
· Must hold and maintain current certification in the American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for healthcare providers.
· Must be a US Citizen.
· Must have an active DEA.
KurzSolutions is committed to
improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top
healthcare talent in the market.
(Registered Profile Required)
- Structure of Financial Support: Contract
- Financial Offering: National Average
- Relocation Allowance: No
- Signing Bonus: No
- Stipends: No
- Student Loan Assistance: No
- Practice State: Louisiana
- Practice City: Shreveport
- Community Size: 500,000+
- Community Details: Registered Candidates Only
- Location of Medical Training: American Medical Graduate (AMG), Foreign Medical Graduate (FMG)
- Medical Training Type: Allopathic (MD), Osteopathic (DO)
- Board Certification: Board Certified, Board Eligible
- Work Status Requirements: US Citizen
- Preferred Experience Level: Experienced
- Accept Local Physicians within 25 mile Radius: Yes
- Agency: Rob