Permanent Family Practice: Outpatient Only Job in Washington, District of Columbia
- Position Type: Permanent
- Recruited Specialty: Family Practice: Outpatient Only
- Does the Physician Need To Be Trained In Specialty Being Recruited: No
- Structure of Position: Solo-Independent, Single-Specialty Group, Multi-Specialty Group, Employed by Hospital/Clinic/MSO/Other, Community Health Center/FQHC
- Partnership Opportunity: Unknown
- Expected Patient Call Coverage: No call
- Expected ER Call Coverage: No call
This employment opportunity is located only 12 minutes/2.5 miles from a border with Washington, DC – within the most populous county in the State of Maryland. Baltimore and Northern Virginia (NOVA), the most populous region of Virginia and the Washington Metro Area, are only 45 minutes away. The job is located within walking distance of a variety of ethnic restaurants – Ethiopian, Greek, Indian, Lebanese, Moroccan, Thai, and more.
The physician provides direct care to patients commensurate with his/her training and experience. The care provided is appropriate for an outpatient, primary care setting with a multicultural, multilingual patient population.
As a member of the integrated care team the physician will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient-centered, coordinated patient care:
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients.
- Complete electronic medical record in expected time frames.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities and audits.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or committees, as necessary and/or required.
- Participate in additional medical projects as assigned.
- May provide supervision for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
- May provide consultation to other providers.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer or designee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of medicine (including preventive care and acute/chronic disease management).
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to medicine
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
- Computer skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a plus.
- Must be in possession of a valid license to practice medicine in the State of MD.
- Maryland CDS and DEA licenses.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her training.
- Board Certification preferred. Board Eligibility required.
- Demonstrate a special interest in the area of community medicine.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- Structure of Financial Support: Income Guarantee, Straight Employment, Employment Agreement with production bonus, Contract
- Financial Offering: Open
- Relocation Allowance: Yes
- Signing Bonus: Yes
- Stipends: No
- Student Loan Assistance: Yes
- Practice State: District of Columbia
- Practice City: Washington
- Community Size: Less than 10,000, 10,000 - 24,999, 25,000 - 49,999, 50,000 - 99,999, 100,000 - 499,999, 500,000+
- Community Details: Registered Candidates Only
- Location of Medical Training: American Medical Graduate (AMG), Foreign Medical Graduate (FMG)
- Medical Training Type: Allopathic (MD), Osteopathic (DO)
- Board Certification: Board Certified, Board Eligible
- Work Status Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card
- Preferred Experience Level: Recently Trained, Experienced, Very Experienced
- Accept Local Physicians within 25 mile Radius: Yes
- Agency: MASC Medical